Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favoured Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall.

Wednesday 16 September 2015

A special featuring.... Mister Vader's warband


Hello!

I'm Jeff Vader and Legatho/Manu has kindly asked to present my chaos related warhammer stuff on this fabulous blog. I mostly focus on 40k but have recently done quite a few fantasy themed models. There's something that makes chaos more compelling in the fantasy setting - purer somehow. 

We start with my nurglii warband, led by the egregious champion Mawgut Gloop.



His lieutenant Skytho Spasmodius and standardbearer Fladdrus Flatulus. 


A heavily mutated chaos thug (or beastman - it's hard to tell) and two chaos gobbos who have sort of just tagged along.



When the winds of magic grow strong they're also joined by the daemon Poxgut. 


There's also a third chaos warrior in the works, plans for more beastmen and a big guy or two -perhaps a heavily converted minotaurs or chaos trolls. Or one of each. 


So that's the Nurgle part of my foray into the Realm of Chaos. 
But I've also started work on a rival tzeentchean warband. The only model done so far is the Champion Mandragore Warpfeather. 


I'm taking a lot of inspiration from Realm of Chaos: Lost and the Damned for these two projects. The idea is to create warbands with an oldschool feel but mainly built from the new plastics. 

Hope you all dig!

Cheers
/Jeff Vader

If you love Jeff's work take a tour on his blogs : Convertorum and Johan Egerkrans

7 comments:

  1. Thank you mate for sharing your fantastic work with us !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, awesome work Jeff! Great to see you on here, weirdly enough I was just talking to these guys about doing just what you're doing with these warbands, plenty of inspiration for going down that route myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate! Glad to be a source of inspiration!

      Delete
  3. Awesome work, great colour pallette and really cool models! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff and I love the old school names.

    ReplyDelete